Sunday 3 May 2015

SKINCARE: BOTANICS - The power of plants

Do you have troubles finding the right moisturiser? Or perhaps trouble knowing your skin types? Are you oily, dry or all combination? Well I have all dry and combination type and sometimes, I don’t know what to do with my skin when its not perfectly in balance. And most moisturiser can leave your skin extremely sticky especially during the summer; compared to the winter weather and there’s nothing you can really do about the humidity. Perhaps, it’s a good idea to use gel and serums. And I’ve been using serum for a long time, it was the only moisturiser that can absorb nicely into my skin but there is always that disadvantage when your skin decided to reject it. But recently I think I’ve finally found the right moisturiser that is actually a cream that can absorb real fast without leaving your skin feeling sticky. It leaves your skin nice and moist without looking shiny. The best part is, to avoid spending £20 - £30+ for expensive creams in such a tiny amount and then regret it later. So, I found an affordable moisturiser cream without spending over £10+ .

It's great for student on a budget or anyone on a budget. I've spend a lot of money on skincare now than in the past. I think that people should invest on skincare rather than make up and sometimes lower ends brand is also a good product. You only have one body. Finding the right product for you is quiet challenging and you want to avoid products that contains unnatural ingredients. I do understand the struggle to find the right cleanser for each seasons, and a perfect toner that provide all in one. Finding the right moisturiser that contains SPF for those of you are prone to acne such as myself. I don't know if you agree with me but most popular brands are not always the best for certain people, depending on their skin types. I myself regret buying some of the high end brand and made my skin worst. Perhaps I should have looked into the ingredients to avoid any further irritation to my skin. So it's really important for you to take time looking at the ingredients. But anyway... 
I’d like to introduce you from Boots, the Botanics – The Power of Plants (Hydrating day cream SPF 15 all bright.)  This is probably the best moisturising cream I’ve ever come across from 'drug store.' It claims to rejuvenate and provides all day hydration and advanced protection from the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays. ‘’Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid’’ It's also proven for immediate boost (moisture levels,) to improves the skin texture and feeling soft and brighter looking. 

What is Hyaluronic Acid?

Hyaluronic acid (Hyaluronan or Hyaluronate) is not an acid in the same as glycolic or salicylic, which exfoliate dead skin cells. Hyaluronic acid doesn’t do that at all but is a substance that is naturally present in the human body which is found in the highest concentration fluids in the joints and eyes.  It was used as a medicine which extracted from rooster combs or can be made by bacteria in the laboratory. HA is also known for healing wounds, skin ulcers, and burns as well as moisturiser.  But I don't believe that HA fight against anti-aging aka wrinkles. I think this is a misconception. I believe in good  care of your skin and drink water also not wearing make up as often can give you an advantage and improvement.  And sometimes make up can speed up the process of aging without letting the skin breathe.
Another ingredients in the packaging that interest me, it contains a flower which is called Hibiscus,

What are the benefits?

From my research, there are plenty of benefits for Hibicus such as: even out skintone‘Botax Plant’purify your complexionRich in antioxidants and lastly boost moisture
I’ve also brought the mattifying day cream SPF 15 shine away, since I intend to get extremely oily depending on the weather.

It claims, to quickly absorbed into the skin and instantly provide balanced hydration, lasting protection from shine.  Agarikon Mushroom extract works to tighten pores, while the lightweight formulation provides advanced protection from damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays. And lastly non pore blocking. 
Honestly? I’ve never heard of Agarikon Mushroom before that benefits into a skincare line. So, I’ve research around google to what it is to share it with you guys.

The Agarikon (Laricifomes officinalis)

Agarikon claims to have a strong anti-inflammatory properties, with antibacterial and antiviral properties. Agarikon can be found in North America, Europe, Asia and a strong discovery against swine flu (H1N1), Herpes (HSVI, HSV2), Bird flu (H5N1) viruses.


Willowback

The cream also contains Willowback in which claims to control excess sebum pollution and old skin cells can clog up pores, in resulting of shine and blemishes. The bark of the willow tree is a natural source of salicylic acid and which can helps to refine skin texture and target imperfections.

The Botanics mattifying cream are great for those who have troubled skin like me. (E.g. prone-acne and excessive oil.) Its light weight and absorb into your skin quickly leaving your skin mattifyed and soft. Although slightly don’t control your oily skin for the rest of the day but it reduce the amount of oil that you produce during the day if that makes any sense. Rather than that I absolutely in love with this product and will definitely purchased it all over again. And more importantly, doesn’t feel sticky at all. The texture feels like an ordinary moisturiser that you have but the smells, well how to describe  the smell.. Oh god well.. is like baby powder mixed with floral scent. I know! I’m terrible at describing its the best explanation i can think of. Anyway, It is suitable to apply before make up.

Hydrating cream is great for those of you have really dried skin, or perhaps have dried patches, again it absorb into your skin, quickly leaving your skin feel soft like a babies bum.  I wouldn’t recommend this product for people with oily skin. Or else it may clog your pores. But overall for me it kept my face super moisturise for the rest of the day and sometimes use it during the nights. (Even though its day cream but who cares!) The texture is much more smoother to apply than the mattifying cream and the smells is pretty much the same. This is also suitable to apply before make up. I will only use this product if my skin feels extremely dry especially after use from my Body shop tea tree lines cleanser. 

Both tubs is 50ml and little goes along way. :) 

QOTD - What moisturiser do you use?

There will be another product review on a go, So I'll see you guys on Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment